Finals week is over, it’s the start of a new semester, and I got to spend the long weekend in Fresno with people that I love and in the program I’ve also fallen in love with this year. It wasn’t exactly a vacation or winding-down kind of trip, but it was still a great, good-old-fun break from the craziness of school, and a nice reward for getting through the week. As you guys know if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, I love to write about packing for any trips I go on. If you’re curious about what I packed for this weekend conference, keep on reading!
I used my carry-on suitcase and a Jansport backpack since I needed a bag that I could use when walking around during the day from session to session. We didn’t go back to our hotel rooms throughout the day, so I had a lot of daily essentials with me. Here’s everything I packed:
- My delegation sweatshirt (each delegation has one, mine is a cute baby blue)
- 2 pairs of leggings
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 pairs of pajamas
- 2 pairs of normal socks and 2 pairs of fuzzy socks
- Undergarments of course
- Rain jacket
- Snacks (cookies, candy, fruit snacks, granola bars… the works)
- Toiletries (retainer, shampoo/conditioner, soap, hairbrush, toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, deodorant, chapstick, retainer)
- Tide to-go pen – a must for a messy eater like me!
- Portable charger
- Headphones for the long road trip
- Money for food trucks, Starbucks, and Dippin Dots
- Notebook and pens for note-taking
- Vans because comfy shoes always
- Hydro Flask
- Lots of energy and excitement!
If you’re confused on what Youth and Government is, you should definitely look up the program and learn more about it on the YMCA’s website. It’s an amazing organization that exposes kids to debate, government, and activism while having fun doing it. I’m so happy with the experiences I’ve had in it this year and I would recommend it to anyone even remotely interested!