Welcome back everyone!
I’ve been posting on this blog for quite a while now, but I haven’t really revealed that much about myself other than a few bits and pieces in each post. Today I will be revealing some basic and not-so-basic things about me just so you can have an idea of the person behind these posts on the other side of the screen.
- What inspired me to start blogging: I’ve always been an avid follower of bloggers and YouTubers- I knew I wanted to do one of the two, and blogging was more approachable. More specifically, my Europe trip inspired me because I previously thought my life was too boring to blog about (it kind of is) so that pushed me to actually create content.
- Biggest short-term goals: get straight As and explore my interests, work on my self-love and self-confidence, improve my leadership skills, work on my writing
- Biggest long-term goals: get into a good college and hopefully find something I’m passionate about/what actually makes me happy and what I want to do for the rest of my life, become a better leader/someone who can stand up for themselves, just be happy, and be successful/accomplished in whatever field I end up in
- Favorite subject: Tie between English, Spanish, and History; I’m a humanities girl!
- Where can you usually find me: I’m going to be that boring person that says school since I’m literally usually there from 7am to 5-6pm, but outside of school: either my bed or Sharky’s.
- Weird habit: I pick the dry/dead skin off my lips basically 24/7- I know it’s weird, but I’ve been doing it since I was 7. I’m really trying to stop right now, and it’s been about a week since I’ve done it.
- What do I do in my free time: I don’t even have that much free time but if I do- watch Netflix, hang out with friends/family, write/blog
- Favorite place I’ve ever been to: US: Washington D.C. on my 8th grade school trip Outside US: Amalfi Coast (Sorrento, Italy) last summer!
- What do I want to be when I grow up: No clue! Previously have thought lawyer or something in local government, but recently have also thought business or even journalism?? Honestly not sure
- Where do I live (not specifically): Southern California, closeish to LA area
- Favorite book I’ve read in school: Brave New World or Tale of Two Cities, honorable mention to The Alchemist (it kinda doesn’t count since we read it in middle school)
- Favorite book I’ve read outside of school: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (yes, that one specifically)
- Favorite TV show: Friends or Gossip Girl
- Favorite movie: High School Musical 2 (only half joking), but seriously- probably Legally Blonde
- Where do I want to live: I’ve always wanted to live in a city (NYC? Chicago? Boston?), but I’m leaning toward East Coast just since I haven’t really been to that many different places in the US and I’ve lived in California all my life- I want to experience something opposite of what I already have.
- Where do I want to go to college: I have no idea what I want- I’m torn between an honors college at a state school feel, a well-known/more prestigious state school feel, a liberal-arts smaller college feel, or a prestigious private school (Ivy and other elites) feel. Not saying I can guarantee I’ll be able to get into any of the above, but they all sound so amazing and have their own benefits (yes, I’m a nerd and love the idea of college and higher education/learning). Talking about more specific names, Columbia has always been my dream school, and there are so many other schools I’d be honored to go to. I’m going to Seattle over Thanksgiving break, and my mom and I are visiting the University of Washington while we’re there (they have a really cool honors program and the campus seems beautful!). Basically, I want to go somewhere cold: Pacific Northwest, Midwest (Michigan/Illinois), or anywhere on the East Coast.
- What motivates me: This is going to sound self-centered, but kind of myself? I honestly don’t know; I have this weird thing where I’ll kind of drag myself through stuff and force myself to keep going. I’m kind of a “the ends justify the means” person. Other motivations are just wanting to impress my parents and my grandma.
- Something weird about me that a lot of people don’t know: I used to love ketchup so much when I was little that I would eat (drink?) it by itself. Also, if you can’t tell by all of my previous answers in this post, I’m SUPER indecisive.
This was a super silly post but it’s always fun to share some interesting facts. If you actually read all of this, I really appreciate it and I hope it gave you a better perspective on who I am as a person. This blog is only one piece of who I am, so it’s nice to share some of the other pieces with you guys.